Warm months in Chicago and Skokie means more time outside and more use of your lawn and garden. Insects, weeds, pets, and company all play a role in your garden not being as good looking as it once was. Fear not! Crafty Beaver has the know how, products, and advice to get your grass from run-down to impressive in no time.
Lawn Care Year Round
While most of us only think of our Chicago and Skokie lawn and garden in summer, regular maintenance through the year helps keep your yard looking greener and your garden healthier.
- Starting with fall, bushes and plants need to be pruned, sprinklers should be drained, and grass should be fertilized for the last time.
- Winter in Chicago and Skokie is strightforward, once it freezes, let your grass be. If you took care of it in the fall, it’s fine until spring!
- With the warming of spring comes the first mow of the season, beginning starter plants inside, and the plans of yard improvements.
- Summer months in Chicago and Skokie means consistant feedings, planting started flowers and vegetables, cutting your grass higher, (so it doesn’t brown as easily,) and grass seed any areas that are thin.
Of course, maintaining your Chicago and Skokie lawn and garden means tools. And just like your lawn, tools need to be cared for too.
- Draining the gas out of your power tools at the end of summer will help limit old gas from ruining the motor and will prevent expensive repairs. (This goes for oil too, replace old oil at the end of the summer season.)
- Gardening tools need care too. Keeping your pruning shears, shovels, and other gardening tools sharpened and free of corrosion will prevent damage or rot to your plants.
Keeping Pests at Bay
Your garden provides the ideal scenic setting for get togethers throughout the summer, until that first mosquito bite or accidental step on a prickly weed happens. Don’t worry, we will help you avoid the never-ending itch of biting bugs and the discomfort of not-so-nice plants.
- Spraying or spreading for weeds, crabgrass, and biting insects should be done at the beginning of the warmer months and depending on what kind of prevention is used, every 2 to 6 weeks afterwards.
- To keep you and your pets safe when using insecticides or herbicides, always read the product labels
Everyone likes summer and the heart it brings to our outside spaces. If you are searching for the best products to keep your Chicago and Skokie lawn and garden
green, happy, and worry-free, Crafty Beaver is your go-to place.